Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm A Homeowner...Kind Of

We started looking into buying a house back in February. The first house we looked at was in Lake Stevens. It was a beautiful townhouse that was a short sale. We offered a little more than they were asking but the sellers real estate agent showed them our offer second even though ours was first. They ended up going with the other offer and since we were "second" we didn't even have a chance to counter or anything.

Several houses later we looked at house on Lake Stevens that was newly built. I loved it but Russ had some reservations. There was no yard instead you had about ten feet between the back of the house and the house behind you. We countered back and forth a few times with the builder and when we finally came to an agreement it turned out that it was kind of like a short sale where it needed bank approval. They assured us that it would only take three days. Two weeks later we decided to start looking again.

We headed up to Marysville and looked at several more houses. We found one that hasn't been built yet but were able to go through the model home that is the exact same floor plan. I fell in love. The kitchen was amazing. The master bedroom had french doors that open into a huge room. The master bath had a soaking tub with separate shower! My entire life I've dreamed of having a tub like that. There wasn't a single detail about the house that I didn't like. The only downfall I could see was that it's twenty minutes north of where I am now in Everett. Russ' only concern was that there wasn't a yard. We decided that those reasons weren't enough to not get the house. So we made our third offer and countered back and forth a few times and now it is ours...

...kind of. The house still has to be built and we don't actually close until it's done so that means it will "officially" be ours around the beginning of October. Sorry to keep everyone in the dark about this but I didn't want to really discuss it until it was official.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wow LeAnn, that's big news! Is this a picture of the new house?! Congrats on you and Russ "kind of" being homeowners!!

LeAnn said...

The picture is of the model so our house will probably be a different color but it should look the same.

melanie said...

Wow. I admit I'm jealous. I would LOVE a bigger place, any size yard just to have one, an actual driveway and sidewalks...ahh, you will have it all!!

Congrats! That's awesome. And so close to the outlet malls...kinda dangerous.

Allison said...

Wow--I love it! Congratulations! Can't wait to see it in person when you finally get it.

Lauren said...

Hooray! Except, I probably won't be able to see it until 2010!! Booooo!

L4GWTW said...

I am so excited for you LeAnn. This is great. I think this is the year of home buying I moved, Jill is moving and didn't Ali just buy a house in the last year. Love you Stacey