Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration + Starbucks = Fun

I would just like to say that I loved getting my Starbucks cup yesterday. Not only because Vic bought it for me so it was free but because of the cute sleeve. I tried to find a picture of it online to post but couldn't find one. It's got a red and blue stripe (the middle is brown but I think it is supposed to be white). They all had quotes from different president's inauguration speeches. Mine was from President Lincoln back in 1865. It was a little eerie that something from 150 years ago could still be so relevant today.

"With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations."

1 comment:

L4GWTW said...

Love it. I have to say that we were reading the Book of Mormon the other night and when Nephi sees the vision of the pilgrims coming and Chirstopher Columbus etc, my kids thought that was so awesome. I don't know why your story just reminded me of that. I have to say that President Lincoln was a very inspired man.