Its been a while since I've had a chance to blog so a short list of events the past few weeks:
1. Got my own new shiny super cool bowling ball! Its red, white and black and the holes were drilled especially for my tiny little fingers and its ten pounds which you may think isn't very heavy but for this scrawny weakling it is. I love it though!
2. My ribs keep popping out of place! For about six weeks now I've been battling them to go back in with chiro and massage. It was getting better until Tuesday when I sneezed really hard and out they came again. It hurt so bad! I saw chiro that night and they adjusted me but it still didn't feel quite right. Yesterday the pain was tolerable but this morning I woke up and thought I was going to die. I couldn't even hook my bra myself and it hurt really bad trying to put my shirt on. I took 800mg of ibuprofen when I got to work and iced it. I have another appointment with chiro tonight. Hopefully they fix me this time.
3. I finally got my hair cut after like six months of letting it get gross and icky. I only cut a few inches (it falls right below my shoulders). I decided I look like Monica from friends around the time of Ross' wedding (to Emily).
4. I recently started helping out at Gentle Dental on Fridays. This has been really hard since I don't get my Friday play time in with Heather anymore.
5. I have recently been offered a job at two different dental offices. I'm not really sure to do about this, I have a lot of soul searching to do about this.
6. Heather's birthday is coming up and I'm not sure what to get her. I have some ideas but I'm not quite sure about what to do. Again, a lot of soul searching to do about this.
7. I almost talked myself into getting a puppy. It was the cutes little puggle that I ever did see. Thankfully Russ stood strong and wouldn't give me a "Yes" answer which I knew meant "No." It was the right decision. We do not need to be spending $600 on a dog right now.
8. It recently came to my attention that this September will be ten years that Heather and I have been friends. I decided that people go all out for anniversaries of relationships with boyfriends and husbands but never celebrate friendships. I decided that Heather and I need to something big to celebrate our ten year anniversary cause I think its a big deal. The only other people that have been in my life that long are family members and I think that says a lot. I'm not sure she's completely on board yet but I'm trying to convince her to go to California with me.
That about sums up my life right now. Hopefully I'll be more diligent about writing so I don't have to play "catch up" anymore.
Brene Brown on Boundaries & Empathy
2 years ago